Live from Edinburgh: A Virtual Author Visit with J.K. Rowling!
On October 11, 2012, Scholastic hosted a live webcast, streamed directly into classrooms around the world, with Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. She discussed books and reading, the teachers who've inspired her, how her characters came to be, and Pottermore, the online Harry Potter destination.
- Classrooms across the world shared their stories and images on Twitter:
- — Melissa Butler (@AngelinaShy)Thu, Oct 11 2012 09:20:21Skyping live with J.K. Rowling....what an amazing opportunity for our young writers and readers! [pic]: http://4sq.com/TjiFjB B
- There were 1,500+ tweets sent using #hpreads -- and thousands more without the hashtag. Here's just a small sampling of the excitement and feedback!
- — The Owl (@PottermoreNews7)Thu, Oct 11 2012 10:17:59
- — Katie Noah Gibson (@katiengibson)Thu, Oct 11 2012 09:53:06Made me weep. JK Rowling said she hopes HP readers will know "there's always somewhere you can go that you love and be safe." #hpreads
- — Morgan Cohen (@morganameridius)Thu, Oct 11 2012 09:53:34Feeling stupidly emotional after watching the J.K. Rowling webcast, Harry Potter has been a huge part of my life for so long <3 #hpreads
- Just watched a webcast with JK Rowling with my 6th graders in Language Arts classes. Two observations: 1. Less than 5 out of 60 had read the books. Not many more had seen the movies-I blame Twilight. 2. I was reminded how much I miss Ron, Hermione, and the Boy Who Lived.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.