HOWTO Make Your Future Data Science Team Love You
My talk at PyData NYC 2014
- This past Saturday I gave a talk at PyData NYC about some of the ways I've seen data collection and storage go wrong in the last year, and how you can prevent them happening in your project or company.
- On thing I touched on was how we use the command line to do really quick 'audits' of data sources to get a feel for them and gauge how much to trust them. I recommended some of my favorite tools and books.
- — Meli Lewis (@meli_lewis)Sat, Nov 22 2014 17:03:16
- — Meli Lewis (@meli_lewis)Sat, Nov 22 2014 17:09:53
- — Meli Lewis (@meli_lewis)Sat, Nov 22 2014 17:06:47Pretty excited to look at NYC 311 call data thanks to @SashaLaundy, who says it's hilarious. Right link? https://nycopendata.socrata.com/Social-Services/311-Service-Requests-from-2010-to-Present/erm2-nwe9 … @PyDataConf
- The audience was awesome and had the best questions I've ever been asked by a conference audience. I hope to write them up to share once I get the conference video.
- — Michael Becker (@beckerfuffle)Sat, Nov 22 2014 16:58:22
- And look at this awesome drawing by @daniellesucher!