10 Reasons Bulgaria's #ДАНСwithme Protests Are Glorious
Bulgarians have been protesting their newly elected Government over its decision to appoint a 33-year-old oligarch for head of the National Security Agency (DANS).
- Over 10 000 people have been out on the streets every day after exactly 18:30 to attend the #ДАНСwithme protest, ДАНС being a game of words between the name of the agency and "dance". But why are these protest so different for Bulgaria:
- 1. People came with their kids, dogs and bikes bringing flowers and keeping it positive!
- 2. People used QR codes to communicate their slogans so that kids wouldn't hear them say bad words
- The text says: That is what I would have told you if not for the children around and the QR code reads simply "FUCK YOU".
- 3. They brought water to the police sympathising with them for the heat
- And the police responded by protecting the peaceful protest. Further their syndicate issued a press release in support for what is happening on the streets.
- 4. Everybody did their best to keep it calm and peaceful. When paid provocators came the police was signaled so they took them away.
- Police and demonstrators worked together to identify, isolate and arrest the instigators.
- 5. And people danced for real!
- 6. Protesters kept the streets clean
7. People demonstrated with books in hand
- 8. The crowd let ambulances pass
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 53 already did!
- John Nancollisчудесен ! браво хора2013-06-24T09:17:44.838Z
- Svetly Damianova10-тата причина е най-вдъхновяваща и прекрасна! Супер материал!2013-06-20T21:55:25.314Z
- Pollyna A.Както се казва "Всяко зло за добро"... Те назначиха Пеевски, ние създадохме културата на #ДАНСwithme #усмихнисебе2013-06-20T07:21:10.500Z
- Sabina PanayotovaEmil, Nadia, Mira, thank you! :)2013-06-20T06:22:20.467Z
- Sabina PanayotovaMr. Gergov, well, we are. I'd say this one is much more like the Orlov Most protest last spring.2013-06-20T06:22:00.284Z
- Инж. С. ГерговI don't like that some people, like the author, think that they are superior that the other protesters from the spring. The article starts with making...I don't like that some people, like the author, think that they are superior that the other protesters from the spring. The article starts with making differenciesfrom other protests...more2013-06-20T04:47:36.056Z
- Emil IvanovI am proud of you!!!!!!2013-06-20T04:08:04.891Z
- Nadia PetrovaСабина, прекрасен материал :))))2013-06-19T18:22:06.362Z
- Mira BonevaI like all 10 reasons, but the last one is just my favourite!2013-06-19T17:45:53.443Z