Ted Scripps Leadership Institute | Richmond 2013
On November 8-10, five facilitators brought the Ted Scripps Leadership Institute to Richmond, Va. They spent three days educating leaders of SPJ professional and campus chapters about how to effectively carry out their mission. The following social media messages tell the story of #SPJScripps.
- There was a lot of excitement about the program, right from the start.
- To kick off the weekend, the participants discussed the qualities of an effective journalist and an effective SPJ leader. They found that a lot of these characteristics overlap.
- They then broke into two teams to compete in a team building exercise. The tarp game forces people two work together to complete the task at hand: flipping over the tarp while all members remain standing on it.
- — Society of Pro Journ (@spj_tweets)Fri, Nov 08 2013 14:18:00
- On the first evening, we ate dinner together. Participants got to know one another as well as hear a speech from President-Elect Dana Neuts about the state of the society.
- — Dana Ferguson (@Dfergasaurus)Fri, Nov 08 2013 15:43:21
- — Emily Schweich (@EmilySchweich)Fri, Nov 08 2013 15:52:06
- — Keith Cannon (@KeithCannon)Fri, Nov 08 2013 15:52:52
- — Emily Schweich (@EmilySchweich)Fri, Nov 08 2013 15:57:14SPJ wants to be ahead of the game with communications, with public education, advocacy and website redesign #spjscripps
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.