#RaiseAmerica with Good Jobs: Justice for Janitors
Janitors and working families in 33 cities called on corporations to #RaiseAmerica with good jobs.
- On October 27 - 31, janitors and working families in 33 markets called on corporations to #RaiseAmerica with good jobs. With a goal of focusing on member led actions, SEIU Locals activated over 700 member leaders to mobilize over 8,000 members across the 33 markets.
- Janitors united with neighbors, friends, mothers, fathers and families - in 33 markets nationwide - to call on corporations to #RaiseAmerica with good jobs. We stood with airport workers and security officers, fast food workers, and the fight for $15.
- As hardworking janitors, we know that those who work for a living should be able to make a living. But powerful corporations are using their influence to keep down compensation across industries, which slows our economy because workers can’t afford the basics.
- Over the next two years, more than 130,000 janitors will be unified by raising standards through our contract fights.
- Check out actions from the cities below.