Adjunct Action Symposium
We're at the Adjunct Symposium at the JFK Library in Boston with adjuncts from over 20 campuses who are meeting to discuss how to raise standards for their profession and win a voice in the future of higher education. Tweet using #AdjunctSymposium to add your comments.
- One final thought from the symposium: "We said Yes!"
- SEIU's Todd Ricker talks about the big issue: organizing!
- Student support at the symposium!
- Todd Ricker, Adjunct Action Organizing Director, explains that "forming a union is simple, but it isn't easy."
- Anne McLeer talks about how the metro strategy worked for adjuncts in DC, where GW, AU, and Montgomery College are organized.
- Adjuncts have a powerful story. Make it heard, make it public!
- MassUniting is in the house!
- The adjunct faculty struggle is a struggle to fight for the values of equality, security, and justice for all on our campuses --Joseph Ramsey, Contingent Lecturer, UMass-Lowell
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!
- Jack DempseyTerrific energy, new understandings, clarification and courage all day---This has been done, the facts are on our side, and with UNITY we are going to WIN. Dr...Terrific energy, new understandings, clarification and courage all day---This has been done, the facts are on our side, and with UNITY we are going to WIN. Dr. Jack Dempseymore2013-04-14T14:10:12.037Z