University celebrates opening of Ireland’s Great Hunger Museum, Músaem an Ghorta Mhóir with speakers, concert
The Quinnipiac community celebrated the opening of Ireland’s Great Hunger Museum, Músaem an Ghorta Mhóir with a week-long series of lectures, a dedication and concert featuring the Dropkick Murphies and Black 47.
- Here is a snapshot of some of the conversation surrounding the festivities:
- — Richard Blumenthal (@SenBlumenthal)Sat, Sep 29 2012 08:26:35Profound beauty & meaning in the art at Ireland's Great Hunger Museum thx to Pres John Lahey of @QuinnipiacU, a lesson in history & humanity
- — Niall Gibbons (@NiallGibbons)Fri, Sep 28 2012 18:20:53Proud to attend opening of the the Great Hunger Museum at Quinnipiac University in Connecticut. Well done to all involved @QuinnipiacU
- — IrelandEmbassyUSA (@IrelandEmbUSA)Mon, Oct 01 2012 08:59:35Hunger museum puts focus on art about the Famine http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2012/1001/1224324666975.html#.UGm9OPxklME.twitter …s.com/IrishTimesworld/2012/1001/1224324666975.html#.UGm9OPxklME.twitter via @IrishTimes
- — Hamden Patch (@HamdenPatch)Sat, Sep 29 2012 09:45:22Quinnipiac's Irish Hunger museum opens Oct. 11 but was dedicated Friday night. I'd highly recommend checking it... http://fb.me/1cumb7GK1 K1
- — QuinnipiacUniversity (@QuinnipiacU)Sun, Sep 30 2012 11:12:22News of Ireland’s Great Hunger Museum is appearing in news outlets across America, including the Washington Post - http://wapo.st/QDmyDg g
- — The QU Chronicle A&L (@QUChronArtsLife)Wed, Sep 26 2012 13:35:06
- — Helen Bennett (@newsgirlct)Wed, Sep 26 2012 09:59:46
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.