Amanda Witthaus and Austin Van Booven
Friends share memories, thoughts, and photos through Facebook and Twitter.
- I have been thinking about this a lot since Thurs night. Last week, my cousin and his family got a call NO parent should ever get... ( I want to word this properly because I am not "dogging" anyone) But Farm Boys are a different breed~ Don't get me wrong I LOVE MY URBAN BOYS- BUT FARM BOYS.. wow.. I grew up going to a farm almost every weekend but guess as a young "girl" you don't see behind the scenes- I was reading the awesome tribute from a brother about his brother who had passed away. NOW unless Austin Lee was some type of superhero and worked his butt off Morning, Noon and Night my boys are wimps! I have never seen my boys do half of the chores these Farm Boys do on a daily basis! My boys would complain and do complain when they have to bring in 20 pcs of wood- but to the Farm Boys- its a way of life! I know we cant all be farmers, but other kids, mine included, need to spend more time on farms so they can see how lucky they are! Maybe we should ship our kids off to a farm for a summer!! Or maybe have them raised by farmers until the Age of 10?? My hat is off to all Farmers!! Male and Female!! To the wife's of farmers/ daughters, sisters and moms I am proud of the sacrifices you make daily!! I'm PROUD TO KNOW SOME FARM BOYS!!! HEY Cole David VanBooven you wanna train my boys?
- Home from the funeral home. The outpouring of support from this community was so great! Amanda was an organ donor and has helped 50 people. Along with Austin helping over 100 people and Amanda they have helped over 150 people..SO if you were ever thinking of becoming an organ donor, please stop what you are doing right now , and go sign your driver's license. You never know when your time here on earth will be up, and wouldn't it be great to help someone else...
- Heavy Hearts are at TRIOS --- We will be closed Thursday night (Feb 14th) so we can attend the funeral visitations for Austin VanBooven --- We will be closed Friday evening (Feb 15th) so we can attend the visitation for Amanda Witthaus --- and I just learned that my neice Jean Oetterer lost her Mother this afternoon --- My thoughts and Prayers go out to all of these families.
- My heart is aching for the VanBooven and Witthaus Families. There are two more wonderful young angels up in heaven now...watching over us all. Rest in peace Austin and Amanda, you both lived wonderful lives and have touched so many hearts! <3 Send strength and love to your friends and families and keep them safe.
- If you would like to share photos add them below.
- I still cant believe this... Amanda Witthaus you will be missed by many. I remember when you used to babysit me and I always looked up to you. I wanted to be just like you because you were a beautiful awesome person! Rest In Peace... AND Austin Lee where do I start? You were one of the greatest people I ever knew. You were always there for me when I needed you. I remember all those "Therapy" sessions we had and you would listen to me vent, mostly about volleyball. God you are the best and trust me those therapy sessions wont be ending so I hope you still listen. Miss you already buddy. Rest In Peace.