How NOTA burnt many unsuspecting politicians
The Aam Aadmi Party was considered the new threat in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. While campaign managers devised various strategies to neutralise the AAP, it was a relatively unknown enemy, NOTA, that slipped through their defences. A curation from Rachitaa Gupta.
- Here is a little guide on what NOTA is!
- None of the Above (NOTA), like AAP, was a new entrant this elections. It was considered inconsequential by many campaign managers. May 16, however, them wrong.
- — raghvendra_rao (@raghvendra_rao)Fri, May 16 2014 10:41:08
- — Rachitaa Gupta (@AarjeeViews)Fri, May 16 2014 06:05:41
- One shocking upset was A Raja of the Congress, who was beaten by NOTA in Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu.
- — Shreesha Reddy (@shreeshareddy)Fri, May 16 2014 11:00:24Congress receives even less votes than NOTA option in Nilgiris, TN. Congress: 37,702 NOTA: 46, 559! Are these BJPs? #YourVote2014
- Instead of the BJP or Congress, NOTA seemed to be the biggest competitor for AAP, and it emerged the winner in several constituencies.
- — Swati Garg (@swatz553)Fri, May 16 2014 12:01:39NOTA Vs. AAP in Lok Sabha Elections - Livemint - Interactive Graphics http://www.livemint.com/Politics/H2wjZWeQCMKikiU8RAvHFK/NOTA-Vs-AAP-in-Lok-Sabha-Elections.html …
- — Aditya Raj Kaul (@AdityaRajKaul)Fri, May 16 2014 11:13:47
- — Ashutosh Sharma (@AawazIndiaKi)Fri, May 16 2014 08:06:04
- It also managed to take away votes from several regional parties.