Princeton University 2012 Commencement
Princeton University awarded degrees to 1,230 undergraduates in the Class of 2012, five from other classes and 832 graduate students at its 265th Commencement Tuesday, June 5. We look at how the events of the day played out on social media.
- All content in this article was posted to social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and Instagram from users on those networks. The content is theirs.
- After Monday's rain caused issues for Class Day and the Hooding ceremony, Tuesday was a beautiful day for Commencement.
- Some tried to cast a little doubt onto the proceedings.
- For the record, we know of no "weather machine" at Princeton. Meanwhile, Twitter was abuzz with congratulations for the graduates.
- Finally, it was time, after the bell tolled at Nassau Hall, the graduates filed into their places, and the crowd eagerly waited.