A condensed recap of the January 2012 #BuiltHeritage Twitter chat on preservation resolutions.
- — Kayla Jonas (@jonaskayla)Thu, Jan 05 2012 11:24:07
- Question 1: What was your biggest preservation related success of 2011?
- — Mithoff Hotel (@savethemithoff)Wed, Jan 04 2012 13:21:14A1 We raised awareness about the rich history of a neglected building in our downtown; though still working to save it! #builtheritage
- Question 2: What are your preservation resolutions for 2012? Are there specific buildings you want to save/communities you want to help revitalize?
- — Lloyd Alter (@lloydalter)Wed, Jan 04 2012 13:23:15
- — HeritageTimeCapsules (@TimeCapsuleGals)Wed, Jan 04 2012 13:25:24A2 I think everyone would like 2 c their own community be preserved. That being said, buffalo has Amazing potential #builtheritage
- — Emma Jenkin (@indeedemma)Wed, Jan 04 2012 13:28:39#builtheritage resolution - hunt down my local heritage group (no luck yet!) & write abt issues&engagement. More perspectives the better!
- Q3: What historic places you want to visit or experience in 2012?
- — Nancy Oakley (@NancOakley)Wed, Jan 04 2012 13:42:47Q3: If you're thinking of World Heritage sites, check out State of Conservation reports to see if over-tourism is an issue! #builtheritage
- — Sean Young (@SustainblHeritg)Wed, Jan 04 2012 13:42:43A3: awesome Q! i want to visit a large former NORAD underground site in Ontario - havent quite figured out who to ask yet! #builtheritage
- — Gadsby'sTavernMuseum (@JohnGadsby)Wed, Jan 04 2012 13:47:31A3: Think local. Go to a site just around the corner from you. Huzzah to your local resources! #builtheritage
- — Preservation Nation (@PresNation)Wed, Jan 04 2012 13:48:54A3: I'm heading to Alaska this summer... Really excited for gorgeous natural sites as well as cool historic stuff. #builtheritage
- — Lynn Osborne-Way (@BldgsThatLast)Wed, Jan 04 2012 13:53:02Hi Guys A3 Monticello was my first pick. Noticed Smithsonian opens a display on it Jan 27th. / NORAD cool / #builtheritage
- Our topic for next month is TBD, but mark Wednesday, February 1 at 4:00 EST on your calendar!
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.