Preservation Fundraising and Funding
Highlights of the December 2012 #builtheritage Twitter chat.
Q1: What fundraising techniques have worked best for your projects?
- — PAM (@PresAllianceMN)Wed, Dec 05 2012 13:04:00A1. We've tried to be a little more creative on our event side. Starting doing pub crawls bringing new people and income. #builtheritage
- — Chris Madrid French (@archmod)Wed, Dec 05 2012 13:07:12A1. People still love house tours. Also a great way to get volunteers involved and directly contact historic homeowners. #builtheritage
- — Liz Williams (@wizzerfly)Wed, Dec 05 2012 13:12:46A1: Have found over past yr finding a balance - event $, direct ask, silent auction, etc. Don't put all eggs in 1 basket. #builtheritage
Q2: How to do you collect donations? Events, crowd-funded sites, online systems?
- — Grant Stevens (@grantrstevens)Wed, Dec 05 2012 13:21:34
- — Tourism Currents (@TourismCurrents)Wed, Dec 05 2012 13:22:06
Q3: Where are you finding funding outside of membership/events? Foundations? Grants?
- — Kayla Jonas Galvin (@jonaskayla)Wed, Dec 05 2012 13:34:14
- — Chris Madrid French (@archmod)Wed, Dec 05 2012 13:46:09
Q4: Have you noticed any changes in the amount of funding available in your city/state/province?
- — Jennifer W. Hanson (@ammodramus88)Wed, Dec 05 2012 13:52:56A4: I think areas affected by Sandy will see an influx o/money but how that filters down to heritage orgs is yet to be seen #builtheritage
- — Andrew Jeanes (@wanderu)Wed, Dec 05 2012 13:53:55
- — Vicky Soderberg (@CygnetUpdates)Wed, Dec 05 2012 13:58:29
- And now, the usual reminder for next month's chat:
- — PresNation Live (@PresNationLive)Wed, Dec 05 2012 14:02:54Thanks so much to everyone for participating today! Our next chat will be Wednesday, January 2 , 2013. #builtheritage
- — PresNation Live (@PresNationLive)Wed, Dec 05 2012 14:03:33
- The topic for January will be preservation-related plans for 2013... Hope you can join us.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.