Preservation and the Holidays
The December 2011 #builtheritage Twitter chat, condensed.
Q1: How can you use the holidays to promote your historic site?
- — Reoccupy Main Street (@Reoccupy_MainSt)Wed, Dec 07 2011 13:04:19
- — Lloyd Alter (@lloydalter)Wed, Dec 07 2011 13:05:09
- — Statler City (@StatlerCity)Wed, Dec 07 2011 13:06:24
- — Andrew Jeanes (@wanderu)Wed, Dec 07 2011 13:09:04
Q2: what is the most successful holiday program you have been to/organized at an historic site?
- — Molly Goldsmith (@callmebutton)Wed, Dec 07 2011 13:21:12
- — Reoccupy Main Street (@Reoccupy_MainSt)Wed, Dec 07 2011 13:25:04A2: Advent of Jazz in Dallas.http://www.stpaulumcdallas.com/data_files/files/Advent%20Jazz%20Series%202011%20rev4.pdf #builtheritage
- — Christine G H Franck (@cghfranck)Wed, Dec 07 2011 13:33:33A2: Glimpse of Biltmore's candlelit Christmas evenings: http://www.flickr.com/photos/christineghfranck/6466112321/in/set-72157628310318823 …m/builtheritageineghfranck/6466112321/in/set-72157628310318823 #builtheritage
Q3: How can we encourage people to shop locally in historic main streets?
- — Steve Mouzon (@stevemouzon)Wed, Dec 07 2011 13:33:32#builtheritage A3: Very important to help local merchants elevate their game. Main Streets hurt badly by boring or ugly stores
- — Sean Young (@SustainblHeritg)Wed, Dec 07 2011 13:35:28A3: people also tend to think a bit more traditionally at this time of year - we should take advantage of that #builtheritage
- — Reoccupy Main Street (@Reoccupy_MainSt)Wed, Dec 07 2011 13:46:17
Q4: How do you make sure your holiday activities are as inclusive (and/or multicultural) as possible?
- — Christine G H Franck (@cghfranck)Wed, Dec 07 2011 13:50:14A4: Heritage groups, municipalities should encourage all constituencies to celebrate their holiday traditions. #BuiltHeritage
- We wrapped up the chat with a quick brainstorming of topics for 2012, which we moderators are mulling over and will share at some point in the future.
- A full transcript of the chat is available - but be warned, it's almost 600 tweets!
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.