From 3D printed accessories and custom bands to watch faces and apps, Pebble gives its community the tools to make great things.
- Just a year after launching its Kickstarter campaign, makers, developers, and Pebblers are already doing cool things with the tools Pebble has shared with the community.
- Starting with a standard watchband design, any Pebble owner can customize the watchband to make Pebble their own.
- For makers and hardware hackers, Pebble made its 3D print files available on Github, paving the way for custom accessories.
- A pair of brothers in Washington, DC launched GadgetWraps to build and deliver custom skins in a myriad of colors.
- Keen to receive their watches, many Pebblers had fun with the 3D print files to help pass the time and manage smartwatch withdrawal.
- A year after Pebble's Kickstarter campaign, Jason Hilbourne launched WIDE BODY, a project to develop stylish, broad-style custom straps for Pebble...on Kickstarter.
- As hardware hackers and makers get more familiar with Pebble's potential, more ideas and concepts for accessories will come to life, like Boomsling's concept for a Pebble charging dock.
- Pebble's Kickstarter launch anniversary also held gifts for hackers: The Pebble Watchapp SDK.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!