Zimmerman verdict: Twitter reaction
Politicians, pundits and media figures reacted on Twitter after George Zimmerman was found not guilty by a Florida jury in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.
- — Cory Booker (@CoryBooker)Sat, Jul 13 2013 20:00:05We must mourn the unnecessary & unjust death of a child, but to honor him we must rededicate ourselves to the very ideals that were violated
- — Michael Moore (@MMFlint)Sat, Jul 13 2013 19:43:09Had a gun-toting Trayvon Martin stalked an unarmed George Zimmerman, and then shot him to death... DO I EVEN NEED TO COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE?
- — Gregory Meeks (@GregoryMeeks)Sat, Jul 13 2013 21:09:30I hope that our country now engages in a much needed conversation about the consequences of racial profiling #IAmTrayvonMartin
- — Steve Cohen (@RepCohen)Sat, Jul 13 2013 21:13:09
- — Reverend Al Sharpton (@TheRevAl)Sat, Jul 13 2013 20:04:43STATEMENT BY REV. AL SHARPTON ON GEORGE ZIMMERMAN BEING ACQUITTED OF ALL CHARGES IN THE SHOOTING OF TRAYVON MARTIN... http://fb.me/Te2ZVQYk
- — Donna Brazile (@donnabrazile)Sat, Jul 13 2013 19:47:28I respect the verdict, but I still believe that #Zimmerman had the upper hand and chose to profile, follow & later kill an unarmed teenager.
- — Jeffrey Toobin (@JeffreyToobin)Sat, Jul 13 2013 19:08:54Trayvon got the death penalty for buying Skittles in a hoodie. I understand it, but still . . . #zimmermantrial
- — Erick Erickson (@EWErickson)Sat, Jul 13 2013 20:05:58Bad choices were made by both George Zimmerman and by Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman is not guilty, but he still killed... http://fb.me/PEKvhlIe
- — Ana Marie Cox (@anamariecox)Sat, Jul 13 2013 20:04:49I was willing to swallow hard and accept that the judicial system favors the dependent for a reason and then this press conference and ARGH.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!
- Arthur RobinsonRather or not the trail would have gone in the direction of a conviction of Mr. Zimmerman is pure speculation at best. Many of us thought the same of the O.J...Rather or not the trail would have gone in the direction of a conviction of Mr. Zimmerman is pure speculation at best. Many of us thought the same of the O.J. Simpson trail. Many of Amricans were disatisfied with that verdict as reached by the Jurors as I am certain that many Americans of differing ethic groups will be of this trail. But we must trust the jurors that had the evidence before them and made a decision based in the evidence.more2013-07-14T15:43:47.669Z
- Zach ColeVia2013-07-14T12:27:59.743Z