Pols react to shutdown talks
As Congress works through the weekend to hammer out a government funding bill, politicians took to Twitter to respond to news that the House GOP would continue its quest to delay Obamacare's individual mandate—a move Majority Leader Harry Reid said would be rejected in the Senate.
- As Congress works through the weekend to pass a government funding bill, politicians took to Twitter to express their thoughts. They responded to news that the House GOP would continue its quest to delay Obamacare's individual mandate—a move that Majority Leader Harry Reid said would be rejected in the Senate, and that the White House said would be vetoed by the president.
- — Senator Harry Reid (@SenatorReid)Sat, Sep 28 2013 12:41:35Senate will reject any attempt to force changes to the health care law through a government funding bill or the debt ceiling. #GOPshutdown
- — Senator Harry Reid (@SenatorReid)Sat, Sep 28 2013 12:40:24Today’s vote by House Republicans is pointless. The American people will not be extorted by Tea Party anarchists. #GOPshutdown
- — Barack Obama (@BarackObama)Sat, Sep 28 2013 12:42:56
- — Darrell Issa (@DarrellIssa)Sat, Sep 28 2013 15:06:30I'm standing against this thing. #obamacare must be delayed. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/28/house-republicans-meet-to-plot-next-move-as-shutdown-deadline-nears/ …01DefundObamacareacare
- — Jason Chaffetz (@jasoninthehouse)Sat, Sep 28 2013 11:01:51It is reasonable to delay Obamacare for one year. It is not ready for prime time and so many delays have already been put into place.
- — Jose E. Serrano (@RepJoseSerrano)Sat, Sep 28 2013 12:18:45
- — Tom Price (@RepTomPrice)Sat, Sep 28 2013 12:22:25Ready to vote w/ House Rs to fund govt, delay #ObamaCare & pay our troops. Will Reid & Senate Ds listen to the American ppl and pass it?
- — Virginia Foxx (@virginiafoxx)Sat, Sep 28 2013 10:51:31House will vote again today to keep govt open. Will also vote to put Obamacare & its uncertainty for families on hold speaker.gov/press-release/…
- — Steve Cohen (@RepCohen)Sat, Sep 28 2013 13:51:00
- — Grace Meng (@RepGraceMeng)Sat, Sep 28 2013 13:40:59
- — Cong. Tim Huelskamp (@CongHuelskamp)Sat, Sep 28 2013 13:23:26
- — Rep. Patrick Murphy (@RepMurphyFL)Sat, Sep 28 2013 16:21:52
- — Pete Gallego (@RepPeteGallego)Sat, Sep 28 2013 17:12:13Hasn't anyone noticed that a bill must pass House, Senate, & be signed by the Prez b4 it can become law? Why do things that can never pass?
- — The White House (@WhiteHouse)Sat, Sep 28 2013 14:35:10
- — Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer)Sat, Sep 28 2013 14:28:43Just another attempt by GOP leadership to try & appease the hard right & wriggle out of the blame for the gov't shut down. It won't work.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.