President Barack Obama delivered remarks on the situation in Egypt on Thursday from his vacation home in Martha’s Vineyard, condemning the violence there and canceling a planned joint military exercise. Pols and pundits alike took to Twitter to react:
- — Nancy Pelosi (@NancyPelosi)Thu, Aug 15 2013 09:27:20
- — Lynn Jenkins (@RepLynnJenkins)Thu, Aug 15 2013 08:49:09Please pray for Egypt. Not a time to choose sides, but we all should agree that torching churches is never acceptable http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/355761/peaceful-brotherhood-protesters-torching-coptic-christian-churches-andrew-c-mccarthy …ner/355761/…
- — Tom Price (@RepTomPrice)Thu, Aug 15 2013 07:44:17POTUS provides platitudes on Egypt - ignored US interest in Camp David Accord and Suez Canal security - more leading from behind
- — Loretta Sanchez (@LorettaSanchez)Thu, Aug 15 2013 08:00:32Until there is assurance foreign aid would be used to help the people of #Egypt there is no reason to continue support. Violence must stop.
- — Sheila Jackson Lee (@JacksonLeeTX18)Thu, Aug 15 2013 08:11:08America will work with all those in #Egypt...who support a future of stability that rests on the foundation of justice and peace
- — Lynn Sweet (@lynnsweet)Thu, Aug 15 2013 07:37:58Of note: Obama did not use the word "coup" in statement about #Egypt. If he did, it could put U.S. military assistance to Egypt at risk.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.