Pols, pundits mourn Seeger on Twitter
Legendary folk singer and political activisit Pete Seeger died Monday at the age of 94. His passing spurred many D.C. insiders to express their grief on Twitter.
- Legendary folk singer and political activist Pete Seeger died Monday at the age of 94. His passing spurred many D.C. insiders to express their grief on Twitter.
- — Bill Clinton (@billclinton)Tue, Jan 28 2014 10:06:40Pete Seeger's great heart was matched only by his commitment to social justice. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
- — Michael Moore (@MMFlint)Mon, Jan 27 2014 23:59:07Pete Seeger. What can I say. He said it and sang it and lived it all. Our paths crossed many times, and I am the better for it. RIP
- — Reverend Al Sharpton (@TheRevAl)Tue, Jan 28 2014 03:14:11RIP Pete Seeger. I will always fondly remember Pete and I going to jail together,leading a protest in NY in the late 80's. Artist/Activist
- — Nicholas Kristof (@NickKristof)Tue, Jan 28 2014 04:53:12RIP, Pete Seeger, whose folk music backed the civil rights movement and stood up to Congress. what a life! http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/29/arts/music/pete-seeger-songwriter-and-champion-of-folk-music-dies-at-94.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0 …
- — Ambassador Kubiske (@USAmbHonduras)Tue, Jan 28 2014 10:58:53
- — Shin Inouye (@Inouye44)Tue, Jan 28 2014 08:12:06Statement by the President on the Passing of Pete Seeger --> http://www.whitehouse.gov//the-press-office/2014/01/28/statement-president-passing-pete-seeger …
- — Luke Russert (@LukeRussert)Tue, Jan 28 2014 10:10:26
- — Geraldo Rivera (@GeraldoRivera)Tue, Jan 28 2014 09:24:54RIP Pete Seeger a great advocate for the great river, equality compassion and kindness. We'll miss his warm voice and presence on the Hudson
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.