Pols, pundits tweet on Syria
After the White House released a statement announcing that they have confirmed chemical weapons have been used against civilians in the conflict in Syria, politicians and pundits took to Twitter to react. Some praised the presid
- After the White House released a statement announcing that they have confirmed chemical weapons have been used against civilians in the conflict in Syria, politicians and pundits took to Twitter to react. Some praised the Obama administration's statement as a step forward, while others slammed the president for taking too to act or not having a plan. Here's what they said:
- — Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias)Thu, Jun 13 2013 23:22:10Fortunately there’s no way this whole arming of Syrian rebels thing could possibly backfire or have unintended consequences.
- — Senator Bob Corker (@SenBobCorker)Thu, Jun 13 2013 16:44:38
- — Andrew Sullivan (@sullydish)Fri, Jun 14 2013 00:18:04Obama intervening in Syria is worse than a mistake. It’s a betrayal – delivered casually: http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/06/13/obamas-betrayal-on-syria/ …m/2013/06/13/oba…
- — Ari Fleischer (@AriFleischer)Thu, Jun 13 2013 14:18:14Better late than never. O Admin finally agrees w England and France's months-old conclusion that Syria used chemical weapons.
- — Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle)Thu, Jun 13 2013 16:24:06Chem. weapons in Syria kill 150--horror. But this isn't? "300 "Drs" Do Abortions after 20wks, 140 After 24wks" http://www.lifenews.com/2013/06/12/300-abortion-doctors-do-abortions-after-20weeks-140-after-24-weeks/ …2/300…
- — Brad Thor (@BradThor)Thu, Jun 13 2013 18:38:30Let me get this straight. We're going to back the "rebels" in Syria who back Al Qaeda who backs wiping us off the face of the earth? #dumb
- — Senator Bob Corker (@SenBobCorker)Thu, Jun 13 2013 04:05:06WH division on #Syria shows need for president's leadership. Lifting sanctions in liberated areas will aid opposition but is not enough. –BC
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.