- As a coordinated series of fast-food labor strikes Thursday made headlines across the country, members of Congress offered their support for workers on Twitter and in person."I worked at McDonald's. I cooked. It was one of the toughest jobs I've ever had," Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Mich.) told MSNBC's Alex Wagner on Thursday. "These people earn every single penny they get. In fact, they earn way more than they get."Below is a roundup of tweets by politicians supporting the strikes:
- — Louise Slaughter (@louiseslaughter)Thu, Dec 05 2013 08:38:45
- — Rep Donna F Edwards (@repdonnaedwards)Thu, Dec 05 2013 08:39:58
- — Linda T. Sánchez (@RepLindaSanchez)Wed, Dec 04 2013 12:33:05
- — Sherrod Brown (@SenSherrodBrown)Thu, Dec 05 2013 07:31:32
- — U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan (@repmarkpocan)Wed, Dec 04 2013 15:30:13
- — Rep. Joe Crowley (@repjoecrowley)Wed, Dec 04 2013 14:10:16
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.