- The California Republican Party Fall Convention came under fire over the weekend, after offensive anti-Hillary Clinton buttons were spotted at a vendor's stand. The San Francisco Chronicle's Carla Marinucci first tweeted about the buttons Saturday:
- — Carla Marinucci (@cmarinucci)Sat, Oct 05 2013 20:05:55
- Although Marinucci reported that the buttons promptly disappeared after her first tweet, political groups quickly expressed their outrage on twitter, pointing out that the vendor could have hurt Republicans on messaging to women:
- — Grace Meng (@RepGraceMeng)Sun, Oct 06 2013 19:53:20News flash: Anti-Hillary buttons reportedly at GOP convention will not be a hit with women of any political party. huff.to/1979SNl
- — WV Democratic Women (@WVFDW)Sun, Oct 06 2013 15:42:27Sexist Buttons At GOP Convention Underscore Republican #WarOnWomen http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheNewCivilRightsMovement/~3/SvJCQKWwrCg/76424 …
- — Liberal Fix (@TheLiberalFix)Sun, Oct 06 2013 18:56:06WoW! Sexist Much GOP? If this is your "attempt" at reaching out to women, you deserve to have your hand slapped!... fb.me/22QRT7iwC
- — Pamela Scully (@PamelaScully)Mon, Oct 07 2013 04:06:43‘Popular’ Sexist Buttons At GOP Convention. Women why are you still voting for this GOP? http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/popular-buttons-at-gop-convention-mock-hillary-clintons-fat-thighs-small-breasts/politics/2013/10/06/76424#.UlKWDWoTO9M.twitter …
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!