Nov. 3 Portland Anti-Austerity March
"Today, a coalition of labor, education, anti-war, and community organizations took to the streets to protest against national, state, and local austerity measures that seek to put the burden of the financial crisis on the working class with budget cuts"
- — PNW Free Press (@PNWFreePress)Sat, Nov 03 2012 13:11:05
- As people gathered in Holladay Park, a 'Running of the Bulls' flash mob was held against rising debt. After meeting outside the Convention Center and demonstrating briefly, the mob ran through the Lloyd Center shopping mall to spread their anti-austerity message. Alex Milan Tracy documented the action:
- — sarah mirk (@sarahmirk)Sat, Nov 03 2012 14:17:4020 bike cops lines up on the edge of the "Solidarity Against Austerity" protest, but everything is festive so far. Lotsa piggy bank pinatas
- Banner drop against coal exports in the Pacific Northwest:
- "Police used pepper spray and force against #N3 anti-austerity protesters as they tried to breach police lines and head northbound from NE Halsey St to 14th Ave. Dozens of people were covered in the liberal use of the spraying of the front lines." - Alex Milan Tracy
- Video of the incident shot from a distance by Mike Bluehair:
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!