Islander Fans React To Jaroslav Halak Signing With the Islanders
Earlier this afternoon the Islanders announced that they had signed goalie Jaroslav Halak to a 4 year deal worth 18 million dollars. Below you will find fan reaction to the signing.
- — Colin Schmaeling (@ColinSchmaeling)Thu, May 22 2014 20:25:35Snow had his toughest season as #Isles GM, but with Vanek move, & Halak signing, you can't say he's not trying to improve on ice product
- — Rob McGregor (@RobMcGregor35)Thu, May 22 2014 20:24:09#Isles aren't a million miles off being a regular post season participant IMHO. 'Fixing' goaltending is priority #1 - Halak a great start
- — Rob McGregor (@RobMcGregor35)Thu, May 22 2014 20:23:06#Isles plugged their biggest hole by signing Halak. With even league average goaltending last year, they'd have been in the fight to the end
- — James Lewis (@jlewis019)Thu, May 22 2014 20:22:49#Isles needed in the worst way to sign Halak long term. Get a quality defenseman, and the team has a legit chance to be dominant next year.
- — Fear The Fin (@fearthefin)Thu, May 22 2014 19:47:12Halak is a career .918 goalie. If the Isles had a .918 SV% last season they would have finished with a +23 goal differential.
- — Andy Glockner (@AndyGlockner)Thu, May 22 2014 20:18:54
- — Fear The Fin (@fearthefin)Thu, May 22 2014 19:47:24Obviously Halak won't play every game but if he can give the Isles even ~60 starts at his career average, that's gonna be a big swing.