Fans/Media React To Vanek Trade
Yesterday, the Islanders shipped Thomas Vanek to the Canadians along with a conditional draft pick in exchange for prospect Sebastian Collberg. Given Vanek's status as the premier offensive weapon and what the Islanders gave up for him the lack of return surprised media and fans alike.
- — Graeme McDonald (@uncleshroom)Thu, Mar 06 2014 06:11:35Just to recap, we still have Markov, our AHL goalie just won against Anaheim & we got Thomas Vanek for nothing...what a day! #mtlhockey
- — Isles Nation (@NYIslesNation)Wed, Mar 05 2014 19:48:16"Except it's the Islanders. And the Islanders don't make sense. Garth Snow can do all kinds of things and not get fired." - TSN
- — #SNOWMUSTGO (@nyisles3)Thu, Mar 06 2014 13:45:57
- — The Hockey Chat (@TheHockeyChat)Wed, Mar 05 2014 21:06:39The New York Islanders are a joke of an organization. Have amazing fans just continue to destroy the team. Don't understand #NHL
- — Connor Mirabella (@TheBigConn)Thu, Mar 06 2014 03:20:21You know the New York Islanders organization is a complete joke when former/retired players make fun of them on a daily basis
- — Brad Kurtzberg (@sealshockey)Thu, Mar 06 2014 15:10:44Craig Button on #Isles handling of Vanek: it's like you were awarded a gold medal and you turned it into a bronze. Media having a field day.
- — Chris Howard (@Chrishowrad)Wed, Mar 05 2014 19:51:36
- — Kayla Shofner (@KaylaSharksNYI)Wed, Mar 05 2014 22:53:50@Puckguy14 it's fucking pathetic that orginization is a joke. My boyfriends an islanders fan and I wish they'd do well. I sit through all 41
- — Richard (@4StraightCups)Wed, Mar 05 2014 19:51:04"This is a firing kind of trade." (Vanek-Moulson) "Yeah, but this is the Islanders, they don't make sense... #Isles are a TIRE FIRE." WOW
- — Paul (@MassiveJammies)Wed, Mar 05 2014 20:37:57As if there were any doubt, we can now say the Thomas Vanek experiment was a complete, unmitigated disaster in every sense. #Isles