City of Boston goes on pothole-filling spree
Potholes are most prevalent in March, when melting conditions create pits in pavement. We invited residents to help locate potholes, ramping up the effort using social media. Residents reported via the Citizens Connect app, and using the hashtag #SpotHoles on Twitter.
- You might say we went on a pothole "safari..."
- Within just a few days, we hit our first milestone:
- This was also a great opportunity to try some new pothole-filling techniques. It's our hope that over the next six months, one of three trial methods will help us find greener, longer-lasting pothole solutions. Here's one example:
- Here's a video of what happens when we take your report:
- And here's where it goes from there:
- We hope you'll continue to report issues around the city through every season, from potholes to streetlights and graffiti. Using our suite of reporting tools, you can help improve your neighborhood year-round by using the Citizens Connect app, tweeting to @NotifyBoston, live web chat, calling the 24-hotline at (617) 635-4500 and more. Find a convenient option at the link below. Thanks, and we're looking forward to hearing from you!
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.