American Idol auditions held in Oklahoma City
A crowd of about 10,000 people gathered at the Chesapeake Arena in downtown Oklahoma City Friday to audition for American Idol. Below is a collection of photos, videos, tweets and Facebook posts from or about the auditions.
- We're ending our live updates of the American Idol auditions in Oklahoma City with a final quote from Ryan Seacrest. Thanks for sticking with NewsOK for coverage of the event.
- “I know the spirit of this city,” Seacrest said.“This is an incredible crowd that's packed the streets this morning so hopefully we'll see somebody great and take them back with us to Hollywood.”
- Who made it to the next round? Looks like we'll be seeing these contestants in the near future.
- Thousands showed up to audition Friday, but not everyone can move on in the competition. See posts below from people who gave it their all.
- The good news: I made it past the first round of American Idol auditions!! The bad news... I didn't make it past the second round to meet the judges. They told me they liked my voice though! But that I wasn't what they were looking for for season 12. :/ Not going to let it get to me though. I'll never give up <3
- Photo gallery: Ryan Seacrest at the American Idol auditions at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in downtown Oklahoma City Friday. Photos By David McDaniel
- A look inside the arena.
- Some contestants drove several hours to Oklahoma City to try out for the show Friday.
- While waiting for their time to shine, some contestants logged on to social media sites to talk about the auditions and wish others luck.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.