Northwestern vs. Rice
A social media recap of Northwestern's 28-6 win in its final non-conference game of the 2011 season against the Rice Owls.
- The officiating crew for the game is a Conference USA-based crew and it features Sarah Thomas, major college football's first female official. It's a historical day as it's believed that today is the first time a woman has officiated inside a Big Ten stadium. Here's a neat story by Theresa Cassagne that ran in the New York Times back in 2009.
- The anticipation built around Ryan Field as the opening kickoff approached. Our friends from the Be Positive Foundation took in some of the action from down on the field.
- The excitement is building elsewhere, as well. A fan checked in with the colors flying in California.
- The Owls punted and pinned the Wildcats deep in their own territory. NU took over the 4-yard line.
- 96 yards, no problem. The 'Cats scored in three plays culminating with the second longest pass play in school history, a 90-yard strike from Dan Persa to Jeremy Ebert.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.