Sexual Assault Awareness Month 2013
Highlights from the April 2013 Sexual Assault Awareness Month campaign. The goal of SAAM is to raise public awareness about sexual violence and to educate communities and individuals on how to prevent sexual violence.
- Just before the April 1st launch of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, a national proclamation was released from President Barack Obama.
- SAAM-inspired t-shirts were made available from CauseURGood, with a portion of sales donated to NSVRC.
- The "Talk early, Talk often" video launched on the SAAM Day of Action (April 2) to highlight how adults can be involved in preventing child sexual abuse.
- April 3 marked an International Day Against Victim-Blaming.
- Week 2 of SAAM 2013 highlighted International Anti-Street Harassment Week! As well as more prevention partners spreading the word.
- By week 3, the word about SAAM was really getting out!
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.