#CCS2017: Industry leaders connect at 3rd Annual NCFA Fintech & Funding Summit
The 3rd annual #CCS2017 took place on Feb 28 - March 1, 2017 in Toronto, bringing together hundreds of companies, investors, service providers and portals / platforms. CCS has grown to become Canada's largest conference in the rapidly growing internet finance and fintech crowdfunding industry.
- This year's theme was Innovation Finance: Fintech + Funding and included 75+ speakers, 30+ sessions, 12 live pitching finalists, and keynotes from PayPal Canada, SeedInvest, Funded Today and Fineqia (ex-London Stock Exchange). It was another great success with 400+ companies looking for capital, investors/funders, crowd platforms, regulators, advisors, service providers and media. Content was rich and provocative with speakers from Hong Kong, London, Silicon Valley, Chicago, New York, and across Canada.
- Building on the success of the prior two national industry conferences, this year's summit included an additional half-day of 'Master class' investor workshops and VIP networking mixer. The CCS2017 Summit was about accelerating access to fintech opportunities and emerging alternative finance capital markets and brought forth the most relevant dialogues, issues, front line stories, trends, and data. It looked to address specific regulatory questions and bring more international partnerships and investors into a diverse, innovative and talented pool of industry stakeholders.
- This was a conference for the 'Future of Financial Services': companies raising capital, financial innovators, investors, entrepreneurs, professionals, builders, and connectors:
- Missed it? Check out the CCS2017 Photo Album and the storified tweets below...and see you next year!
- The countdown begins as speakers and partners are getting excited for the annual industry conference in Toronto.
- The Pre-CCS2017 Workshops and VIP Networking Reception kicks off at OneEleven's brand new space on Front Street West.
- Workshops included:
- Profit-Sharing or Royalty Deals for Investors & Issuers by FundingNomad
- Crowdmatrix Showcase: Live Deals and Overview of Lead Investor Model & EVP Fund
- How to invest in early-stage companies by Brightspark Ventures
- How to Invest in Real Estate if You Don't Have a Rich Uncle? by R2Crowd