Derek Hough visits Tacoma
Derek Hough of Dancing with the Stars fame paid a visit to Tacoma, Wash. Feb. 6, 2013, for MultiCare Health System's 13th annual "Do Something Healthy" event. Past visitors have included Shaun White and Jillian Michaels.
- Excited fans were lined up hours early, outside MultiCare Health System's sold-out Center for Healthy Living "Do Something Healthy" Event Feb. 6. The draw? Derek Hough of Dancing With the Stars fame. The actor and professional dancer was friendly and down-to-earth, posing for photos with fans and even surprising a few by pulling them onstage for a dance at the end of the night.
- The event also featured a dance competition, judged by Hough, Kent Roberts and Jean Milano. Teens from around the Puget Sound submitted audition videos, and the top three groups were selected to perform live for the judges. Dancers from Allegro Performing Arts Academy in Kent, Wash. formed one of the groups selected to perform live at Wednesday's event.
- KOMO 4 News' Keith Eldridge interviewed Hough before the event, learning that the dancer plans to take next season off from Dancing With the Stars to focus on a few new projects.
- Watch Eldridge's story at this link.
- Excited attendees were able to walk the red carpet and pose with a cardboard cutout of Hough before the event.
- A few lucky attendees got to meet the real deal.
- The evening kicked off with remarks from MultiCare Health System representatives, and was hosted by DeAnna Lee of Seattle radio station 100.7 The Wolf.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.