Love Notes and Motorcycles: 2014 Keynote Speakers
Each year the League invites keynote speakers to teach and inspire Minnesota city officials. This year's speakers, Peter Kageyama and Mark Scharenbroich, were a hit with attendees in St. Cloud.
Peter Kageyama, author of "For the Love of Cities," spoke to city officials on Thursday about nurturing the relationship between residents and their places. He called out real-life examples of cities that have embraced projects that not only improve quality of life but evoke emotional responses.
- — John Uphoff (@johnuphoff)Thu, Jun 19 2014 14:55:03
- See the Grand Rapids, Michigan lip-dub video on YouTube:
- — Laura Ziegler (@laurahziegler)Thu, Jun 19 2014 14:44:46
- — Aaron Lee Wittnebel (@AaronLakePark)Thu, Jun 19 2014 14:49:40
- — John Uphoff (@johnuphoff)Thu, Jun 19 2014 16:17:43
- — Laura Ziegler (@laurahziegler)Thu, Jun 19 2014 14:23:37
Mark Scharenbroich, author of "Nice Bike," closed out the conference on Friday afternoon. Scharenbroich used Minnesota-centric stories to illustrate the benefits of connecting with and honoring the people that cross our paths in life.
- — Minnesota Cities (@MinnesotaCities)Fri, Jun 20 2014 17:23:04
That's a wrap! Who will speak in 2015?