Joint Legislative Conference 2014
Minnesota city officials gathered in St. Paul Feb. 27 for the annual Joint Legislative Conference. View highlights from social media below, and use the scroll bar to see more!
A day of policy and advocacy
- Joining school board, township, and county associations, League of Minnesota Cities members immersed themselves in a day of policy and advocacy on Thursday.
- Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Board Commissioner Tony Sertich is the first speaker of the day.
Legislative panel, praise for local governments
- A panel of legislators then took the stage to discuss a variety of issues affecting cities, including the upcoming bonding process, a transportation bill, and more.
- Sen. Matt Schmit (D-Red Wing) stopped by to discuss the importance of partnerships in developing broadband.
Association breakout sessions
- Association members then broke off to receive updates from their respective organizations. City, school board, township, and county representatives stopped by each other's sessions to share their own priorities.
View materials for advocacy on these topics here:
- LMC attendees finished their breakout session with a clip from the League's "How to Navigate the Capitol" video. You can see the whole thing here:
Education and workforce panel