Tributes to James Harding
Shortly after it was announced that James Harding resigned at the Editor of The Times, the story began trending on Twitter. Messages of admiration came pouring in from staff, former colleagues and the general public alike.
- Tributes from staff:
- — Jeremy Griffin (@boygriffin)Wed, Dec 12 2012 09:09:45James Harding is a brilliant, fearless Editor who brought the best out of The Times at the worst of times. I'll miss everything about him.
- — Deborah Haynes (@haynesdeborah)Wed, Dec 12 2012 08:34:02Absolutely gutted at the resignation of our editor, James Harding, whose love of news is contagious and who has been awesome to work for.
- — Ashling O'Connor (@ashlingoc)Wed, Dec 12 2012 07:50:42The Times has just lost its best journalist. Worked with James Harding for 14 years - few with a quicker, deeper insight or integrity
- — Caitlin Moran (@caitlinmoran)Wed, Dec 12 2012 07:43:48James Harding, editor of The Times, has just resigned. Not only was he good and brilliant, he was also VERY good-looking.
- — Kaya Burgess (Times) (@kayaburgess)Wed, Dec 12 2012 08:11:11Gutted James Harding is leaving as Editor of The Times. The #cyclesafe campaign wouldn't have been born without his initiative and support.
- — Kaya Burgess (Times) (@kayaburgess)Wed, Dec 12 2012 08:14:16James's vision for the campaign ahead was really inspiring too. A sad day. But the reporters/editors working on #cyclesafe won't relent.
- — Philip Collins (@PCollinsTimes)Wed, Dec 12 2012 07:55:32@hugorifkind Yes, me too. First class brain and first-class person who gave me the chance to sound off in The Times
- — Tim Montgomerie (@TimMontgomerie)Wed, Dec 12 2012 08:38:32When I joined The Times evyone said working with James Harding wld be one of the best parts of the job. And now he is going. Terrible shame.
- — Jackie Stradling (@JackieStradling)Wed, Dec 12 2012 08:02:36#JamesHarding - the most brilliant and energetic boss I've ever had, even if his time-keeping was abysmal! What an incredibly sad day.
- — Libby Purves (@lib_thinks)Wed, Dec 12 2012 08:18:08James Harding gave newspaper journalism a good name, backed and trusted writers. Huge loss. Real sadness. Gutted. Hard to think beyond it.
- — Patrick Kidd (@patrick_kidd)Wed, Dec 12 2012 07:46:27Feel immensely saddened by James Harding's enforced resignation, like when Andrew Strauss went. Universally admired, a real positive force
- — Emma Bartley (@Barters)Wed, Dec 12 2012 08:09:23All Times staff v sad at announcement of James Harding's resignation as Editor. A true champion of quality journalism... and a good guy
- — Graham Hutson (@ghutson)Wed, Dec 12 2012 07:51:39James Harding steps down as editor of The Times. He joined biz the same week as me. Slightly steeper career trajectory. Will be missed
- — Sathnam Sanghera (@Sathnam)Wed, Dec 12 2012 08:24:33James Harding: warmest, most intelligent journalist you'll work with. Will go on to brilliant things but sad day for his colleagues.
- — Dominic Kennedy (@TimesKennedy)Wed, Dec 12 2012 08:34:58Dismay at The Times as our brave, principled Editor @hardingthehack announces his resignation. He saved our reputation when it was in peril
- — Nico Hines (@NicoHines)Wed, Dec 12 2012 09:38:56James Harding is a wonderful leader whose personal integrity, intellect and judgment made everyone at The Times proud to work for him
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.