Iowa school bus safety
Iowa's school bus laws, safety education, tragic accidents and research
- March 12, 2012 - No injuries, extensive property damage reported when bus hits West Des Moines home.
- February, 28, 2013 - Three adults killed when their car crashed into a school bus near Muscatine.
- Jan. 4, 2013 - Report shows enforcement of Kadyn's law is lacking
- Oct. 25, 2012 - Driver safely pulls bus to side of road after plywood pierces windshield
- Oct. 8, 2012 - Paul Huber, 74, a Cedar Rapids bus driver, was ticketed for failure to yield after he caused an accident while returning from his morning route. No students were on the bus.
- Oct. 11, 2012 - Boyden-Hull school bus involved in crash after bus driver failed to yield to a stop sign
- Sept. 22, 2012 - Six students were injured following a two-vehicle crash involving an Independence Community school bus. An SUV driving by a woman from Hiawatha clipped the back end of the bus, causing the crash.
- July 18, 2012 - Three children and one adult were taken to area hospitals after a school bus rear-ended a van near Ankeny.
- Jan. 11, 2011 - Shawna Beitz, 30, of Hopkinton, lost control of her car, it crossed the center line and then hit a Monticello school bus south of Sand Springs in Delaware County. Four students on the bus were taken to the hospital.
- Sept. 8, 2011 - A Clinton school bus was struck on the passenger side by a passenger vehicle. The driver of the car was killed. The bus driver and a monitor on the bus were injured.
- Dec. 19, 2011 - Two children were injured when one school bus rear-ended another in Riceville. Report says driver was traveling too fast for frosty road conditions.
- Dec. 7, 2011 - Van collides with Mount Pleasant school bus, injuring six students. Van hit an ice patch.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.