What are your driving and parking pet peeves?
Some New Yorkers are finding unique ways of getting around parking violations. But we wanted to know: What are driving/parking pet peeves that you wish people could get ticketed for?
- — Melissa B. (@wynkoutloud)Thu, Apr 18 2013 11:22:21@MarketplaceAPM parking backwards (and why is it always guys?) simply because everyone has to wait while they take 3 mins to back in.
- — Kenny Lin (@KensingtonIV)Thu, Apr 18 2013 11:32:36@MarketplaceAPM Not moving all the way forward (or backwards) to the end of the curb when parking on the street. Such a waste of space!
- — Jake Miller (@schliktrip)Thu, Apr 18 2013 11:38:32
- — myscrapbox (@myscrapbox)Thu, Apr 18 2013 11:41:02@MarketplaceAPM Tailgaiting. Cellphones. Eating. Shaving. Makeup. Following a car and turning ones' mind off. Did I mention tailgaiting?
- — David Kettlehake (@DavidKettlehake)Thu, Apr 18 2013 12:50:04
- — Beth Facemyer (@catholicmumma)Thu, Apr 18 2013 12:10:47@MarketplaceAPM Also people who race to a stop sign on a side street, the slam on the brakes, can you say heart attack!?
- — Jonathan Leard (@JonLeard)Thu, Apr 18 2013 12:18:23@MarketplaceAPM People who speed up to get in front of you just so they can stop and turn. Especially left while yielding to traffic.
- — Micheline Maynard (@MickiMaynard)Thu, Apr 18 2013 12:14:50@MarketplaceAPM people who turn in front of you as you approach the intersection. MI law says you must allow oncoming to clear.
- — Phil Schenk (@phil_jitsu)Thu, Apr 18 2013 12:15:39@MarketplaceAPM Highway left lane driver on leisurely cruise oblivious to people trying to pass. Move to the right or stay off the road.
- — Derek Peterson (@derekpetey)Thu, Apr 18 2013 13:09:04@MarketplaceAPM Not stopping behind the line at stop signs and red lights. It makes being a runner/pedestrian terrifying.
- — Stephanie Thompson (@Stefaniya)Thu, Apr 18 2013 12:37:59@MarketplaceAPM Pulling into the intersection when there isn't space for your car on the other side. Then the light turns red. JERK
- — Andrew E Mauney (@chrytonbaine)Thu, Apr 18 2013 12:43:25
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- GlobugTailgating me when I'm going speed limit in the slow lane...go around d-bag! Not using signals...they exist for a reason ppl! AND braking for no reason...they...Tailgating me when I'm going speed limit in the slow lane...go around d-bag! Not using signals...they exist for a reason ppl! AND braking for no reason...they make me nervous.more2013-04-19T00:25:06.003Z