Helping Syrian wounded and victims of violence in Africa - MSF scrapbook #22
Welcome to the weekly round-up of MSF news. This week, our teams have been inundated in Syria, we have been treating victims of violence across Africa and we marked the third anniversary of the Haiti earthquake.
- Two catastrophic events in Syria this week, a market bombing and a barrel bombing, mean our teams are working around the clock. Watch the video below for some background on our recent work in Syria.
Also in the news
- Three years after the earthquake in Haiti, healthcare systems are still found wanting. Violence has broken out in several places in Africa: the conflict has escalated in Mali, rapes are being reported in the DRC and inter-communal violence continues in Kenya.
On the blogs
- Meet Emma and Emily, a nurse and a doctor from the UK who are blogging for us from Uzbekistan and South Sudan respectively. Warning: you may find it very hard to stop reading once you start.
- Meet British nurse Emma who has just started her first MSF mission in South Sudan, working with outpatients, childhood immunisation and community outreach programmes. Please leave your questions and comments for Emma below her blog post. http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmsf.me%2FWJ0iWO&h=nAQGhsyI1&s=1 …" class="">msf.me/WJ0iWO
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- 2013in2013Thanks for mentioning me in the Fantastic Fundraisers section :-) I found the video really interesting and these weekly scrapbooks are a great way to let...Thanks for mentioning me in the Fantastic Fundraisers section :-) I found the video really interesting and these weekly scrapbooks are a great way to let everyone dig down to the details of what you guys do, I think it's great! :-) I don't need to tell you to keep up the amazing work, so I'll just try my best to keep up my bit and raise you as much money as I can this year!more2013-01-18T19:00:26.112Z