Self-Esteem & its influences on emotions & wellbeing...
What is self-esteem? and what are some of the factors that affect self-esteem? Is self-esteem correlated with shyness? Tonight we'll explore these and other relevant questions @MHChat.
- — Mental Health Chat (@MHchat)Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:00:51Both narcissists and high self-esteem individuals engage in active self-enhancement to support their positive self-views. #MHChat
- — Mental Health Chat (@MHchat)Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:01:07But, while narcissists want to assert their superiority, high self-esteem individuals desire to be valued by the social community. #MHChat
- — Gerry Bennison (@AlresfordBear)Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:01:53
- — Jen Wake (@JenasaurusWake)Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:02:32
- — Mental Health Chat (@MHchat)Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:03:02
- — HealingFromBPD.org (@HealingFromBPD)Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:03:16Self-Esteem, for me, is liking *and hopefully loving) who I am, regardless of my flaws, acknowledging my strengths #MHChat
- — George (@mumblingwomble)Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:03:27
- — Wildwalkingwoman (@wildwalkerwoman)Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:04:19.@MHchat Personally, I believe #selfesteem is about #perspective. Try this >> http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2013/02/05/how-to-stay-sane-philippa-perry/ …x.MHChat13… #MHChat
- — Quiet Riot Girl (@Notorious_QRG)Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:04:36I think 'self esteem' is a modern psychology term that is sometimes used clumsily. Everything can be blamed on 'low self-esteem' #MHChat
- — Mental Health Chat (@MHchat)Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:04:45
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.