Serious Journalists React to Caleb Hannan's Awesome Long Read on Golf Clubs
It's "bananas", says white men.
- Compiling a simple gallery of mainstream journalists cluelessly praising Caleb Hannan's terrible, transphobic story wherein he outed a trans woman and didn't seem too guilty about it when she killed herself.Not including examples from right-wing outlets or Grantland itself, because time is finite.Many of these people have accepted criticism and/or retracted their statements. But the ethical violations of Hannan's story should be apparent on first read. (Read the follow-up and find out which of these people came to their senses.)
- David Carr, of Media Equation, Decoder, New York Times
- Michael Traikos, of the National Post
- Don Van Natta Jr, of ESPN the Magazine
- Bruce Arthur, of the National Post
- Dane Tidwell, publisher of the Chicago Phoenix(It's been pointed out to me that Tidwell is only the publisher and not responsible for editorial content, and vice versa. Will follow up.)
- Jason Fagone, of Wired
- Richard Deitsch, of Sports Illustrated and Columbia JournalismLiked it so much he reposted it!
- Chris Jones of Esquire, ESPN the Magazine
- Sarah Weinman, of Publisher's Lunch and National Post Books
- Chris Smith, of Forbes
- F. Roberts of the New Orleans Advocate
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!