#MomBizMondays: The importance of play in raising independent kids
What happens when a serial entrepreneur puts his focus on raising healthy, self-reliant kids? He might write a book about it. Or he might start a movement that promotes this philosophy. And you never know: He might turn his neighborhood into a Playborhood.
- Last night's #MomBizMondays twitter party was sponsored by Mike Lanza, the dad behind the book: Playborhood: Turn Your Neighborhood into a Place for Play. Our conversation was, as always, a lively one, since it touched on some core parenting philosophies and mindsets. Read through the blog posts, links, questions and answers from our talk last night to determine where you stand on the importance of "free play" in our children's lives.
- — Melissa Dawn Lierman (@TimeOutMom)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:05:31Tonight we are talking about = Are you raising Independent, Resilient, Entrepreneurial Kids? #MomBizMondays Join us Now! :-)
- — prerna (@themomwrites)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:08:34
- — Tara Robertson (@tarasview)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:06:10
- — Lisa D. Couturier (@THEATREtc)Mon, Apr 23 2012 20:01:44
- — Sharon Silver (@Sharon_Silver)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:49:23Letting kids play creates self-reliance. If left alone can repeat an activity and repeat it and repeat it, independently. #mombizmondays
- — Shelagh Cummins (@biztrainher)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:10:12
- — Jimmie (@JimmiesCollage)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:18:05
- — PropertyLink Realty (@PropertyLinkRSL)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:12:33
- — Melissa Dawn Lierman (@TimeOutMom)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:15:59
- — Melissa Dawn Lierman (@TimeOutMom)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:15:40
- — Katherine Styne Type (@BabyBox)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:15:15RT @playborhood - Giving Freedom Blog Post = http://playborhood.com/2010/08/giving_freedom_incrementally/ …omMomBizMondaysng_freedom_incrementally/ #MomBizMondays
- — Connecting Women (@connectingwomen)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:20:37
- — Amanda Padgett (@AmandaPadgett)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:24:25
- — Sharon Silver (@Sharon_Silver)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:23:01
- — Melissa Dawn Lierman (@TimeOutMom)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:21:45RT @playborhood - Live on a street where everyone knows your name blog post = http://playborhood.com/2007/11/n_street_where_everyone_knows_your_name/ …omMomBizMondaysreet_where_everyone_knows_your_name/ #MomBizMondays
- — Melissa Dawn Lierman (@TimeOutMom)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:29:09RT @playborhood: A4 That's a huge challenge. You need to make your yard or some other very nearby place into a sort of Cheers for kids. #mombizmondays
- — Melissa Dawn Lierman (@TimeOutMom)Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:29:15RT @playborhood: A4 It's all about making your neighborhood into a place where kids *choose* to be over TV, video games, Internet, etc. #mombizmondays
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.