SPJ Region 9 Conference 2013
The Rio Grande Chapter of SPJ hosted the Region 9 Conference in Santa Fe, April 12-13, 2013
- — Dennis Huspeni (@DenManHDenBiz)Thu, Apr 11 2013 04:52:17Got my tix, permission from my editor to leave early Fri and STOKED about heading to Santa Fe for SPJ Region 9 Conference #spj9
- — SPJ ColoradoPro (@SPJCOLO)Thu, Apr 11 2013 04:54:36
- — Danielle Manley (@daniellekmanley)Thu, Apr 11 2013 09:58:49
- — Santa Fe New Mexican (@thenewmexican)Fri, Apr 12 2013 07:10:32It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, Fanta Se. I'm ready to welcome 150 guests for a great weekend conference. #spj9
- First up on the agenda was an early bird session on Friday afternoon: Henry Lopez on digital tools in the newsroom.
- Then a walk over to Santa Fe's Monroe Gallery for good company, amazing photography--and a lecture by Richard Stolley, Life Magazine photographer during the Civil Rights Era, founding editor of People Magazine, and former editorial director of Time, Inc.
- — Megan Kamerick (@megankamerick)Fri, Apr 12 2013 18:57:22Richard Stolley told story of seeing the boots of a lynching victim still in the cell in Mississippi from which a mob dragged him. #spj9
- — Lisa Carricaburu (@lcarricaburu)Fri, Apr 12 2013 19:06:20"You never don't report," when you're in grave danger, Dick Stolley says at #SPJ9 of covering lynchings and other horrific acts.
- — Megan Kamerick (@megankamerick)Fri, Apr 12 2013 19:13:58Richard Stolley says there too many people in journalism who don't know what they're doing, including Tweeters. ;-) #spj9
- — Lisa Carricaburu (@lcarricaburu)Fri, Apr 12 2013 19:15:13Dick Stolley: "You have to be missionaries. There are too many people doing journalism who don't know what the hell they're doing." #SPJ9
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.