Carly Fiorina holds steady during debate
The second Republican debate for the 2016 presidential candidates was held in Simi Valley, California, yesterday. Of the 11 candidates on stage, only one was a woman — and Carly Fiorina held her own among the 10 large personalities with which she was confronted.
- It began with her response to Donald Trump's comments about her face. Last week, Trump made a disparaging comment about Carly Fiorina in a Rolling Stone article.
- Although Fiorina had responded previously, the quote was brought up during the Republican presidential candidate debate yesterday. Fiorina responded with calm and a fair amount of grace, refusing to fight back about Trump's own "persona." And the Internet was pleased.
- But that was just the beginning of Carly's wins during the night. Moderators at one point raised the question of which woman's face should grace the $10, a debate that sprung up in early summer. Fiorina's response? Again, a crowd-pleaser.
- Other viewers respected her answer, but maintained that there is a need to keep a woman on the currency.
- At the end of the debate, many agreed: if Fiorina did well in the first debate as part of the "JV League," she managed to hold her own again during the game against her 10 male opponents.