Jacoby Ellsbury joins Yankees, area north of Boston reacts
Tuesday night, news broke that outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury had agreed to a seven-year contract worth over $150 million to leave the Red Sox, where he had helped win two World Series, and join the arch rival Yankees. The Twitter reaction was as swift as an Ellsbury stolen-base attempt.
- Some accurately perceived the gathering storm.
- Many were nonplussed, suggesting in Ellsbury's situation, they might have done the same thing.
- — Edgar de Leon (@Edgardeleon88)Wed, Dec 04 2013 03:31:53Ellsbury did what society does everyday, chasing money! Brady could be the exception around here for Pro athletes, but everyone has a price!
- For a certain subset of the fan base, Ellsbury's departure was particularly painful, prompting some abrupt thinning of the wardrobe.
- While some were bitter about the idea of Ellsbury in the Bronx...
- — Luke Mistretta (@lmistretta11)Tue, Dec 03 2013 18:25:15Ellsbury is a Yankee pierce & Garnett are nets and welker is in Denver, Boston is one bruin in a Habs uniform away from a nervous breakdown
- ...bitterness that highlighted the need for a spelling lesson, in some cases...
- ...others believe the Yankees may be repeating past mistakes with the mega-deal.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.