- Throughout their chat a common theme was stressed: doing business is not just about creating and selling products, but provides entrepreneurs with a greater opportunity to make things just a little bit better in the world.
Following are some of the insights from the conversation. If you are building a company with purpose you can also learn more at bornb.bteam.org
- — The B Team (@thebteamhq)Mon, Mar 14 2016 23:31:13
- The conversation kicked off with Marc Benioff and Richard Branson discussing the unique role of business to drive substantive, positive change for the planet and for society...
- — The B Team (@thebteamhq)Mon, Mar 14 2016 23:38:39
- — The B Team (@thebteamhq)Mon, Mar 14 2016 23:33:58
- Calling on examples from recent world events, like the COP21 Paris Agreement negotiations...
- — The B Team (@thebteamhq)Mon, Mar 14 2016 23:35:29
- And Marc Benioff's on-going campaign against anti-gay legislation in the United States...
- — The B Team (@thebteamhq)Mon, Mar 14 2016 23:41:22
- They showed how companies can chose where to do business, where to invest and use their influence to do good in the world, beyond just making profits for shareholders...
- — Caroline Barlerin (@CBarlerin)Mon, Mar 14 2016 23:52:18
- Both leaders mentioned the deteriorating state of our oceans and other marine ecosystems as a current issue where business can and should support strong, progressive government policy...
- The first question from the audience pointed out that Richard and Marc run large, established companies, and asked for advice on how a new start-up or small to medium business could run with purpose, given all their constraints...
- — The B Team (@thebteamhq)Mon, Mar 14 2016 23:59:10
- — Finanzas del Carbono (@CarbonoFinanzas)Mon, Mar 14 2016 23:53:17thebteamhq: "Business not just about building & selling products but an opportunity to make things just a little bit better" Benioff #BornB
- — Joe Kleinschmidt (@joekleinschmidt)Mon, Mar 14 2016 23:48:27
- — Jessica Long (@jessicalongdev)Tue, Mar 15 2016 00:11:39
- — The B Team (@thebteamhq)Mon, Mar 14 2016 23:53:14