Holocaust Denial at Anonymous
How Anonymous has been pushing racist material.
- Holocaust denial is generally seen as the territory of the Far and Extreme right, with its origins in a desire to rehabilitate Hitler’s National Socialism and besmirch the memory of the Nazi's victims.But latterly it has crawled out from its murky cave to inhabit a wider political landscape, including the apparently radical group, Anonymous. This is not a one off, as the extent and range of the tweets below show.
- More deniers' material.
- Along the way Anonymous Operations manages to scoff at women who don’t want to be harassed, threatened or abused on Twitter.
- Ranting about “Rothschilds controlling the world” is a common theme amongst fanatical antisemites, and Anonymous Operations does not disappoint.
- By now the themes from Anonymous Operations are clear, the constants of racism and sexism.
- What is worrying is that Anonymous Operations has over 170,000 followers on Twitter and only a handful were concerned enough to challenge that obvious racism, even if ineffectively.Which brings us back to how entrenched conspiracy theorists and prejudice are frequently linked. It is the drip-drip of racism that desensitises people to bigotry, allowing neo-Nazi ideas to spread. Anonymous must deal with Holocaust denial and the presence of neofascist ideas in its midst.
- The Holocaust Denial on Trial site is good at explaining the issues.The Holocaust History Project is another resource helping to refute the lies of neo-Nazis and their allies.The SPLC has covered Holocaust denial over the years and they reveal a nauseating subculture of hatred and irrationality.
- If you find other examples, please send me a tweet at Soupy One.
- Surprisingly, some 73,000+ individuals follow this account and put up with this glaring racism. But how could modern conspiracy thinking exist without a crackpot theory on 9/11, and you can predict who they will blame.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 6 already did!
- Soupy OneClearly, they are not pro-Palestine, merely against Jews. Anonymous could not give a damn about Palestinians, because if they did they would not associate it...Clearly, they are not pro-Palestine, merely against Jews. Anonymous could not give a damn about Palestinians, because if they did they would not associate it with Holocaust denial or racism. Many people that hate Jews pretend to like the Palestinians, but in reality they don’t . Such is the nature of Jew haters.more2013-12-04T15:51:09.693Z
- Investigative journalistThe antisemetism and anti-woman talk by "@anon_central" is disgusting. They seem to be pro Palestine. (I couldn't care less about the Israel - Palestine...The antisemetism and anti-woman talk by "@anon_central" is disgusting. They seem to be pro Palestine. (I couldn't care less about the Israel - Palestine conflict)more2013-12-04T15:40:55.446Z
- HuitzilopochtliWe should always keep this in mind. http://intellihub.com/2013/08/09/us-military-caught-manipulating-social-media-running-mass-propaganda-accounts/2013-08-10T17:04:28.832Z