First Lady of Nigeria visits ITU
Dame Patience Jonathan was formally appointed Champion for Child Online Protection at a ceremony in ITU's HQ on 22 July. The ITU Child Online Protection initiative brings together partners from various sectors to ensure a safe + secure online experience for children around the world.
- Dame Patience Jonathan signs the ITU Livre d'Or
- Dr Eugene Juwa, CEO of the Nigerian Communications Commission, signs a Memorandum of Understanding with ITU to set up a Regional Cybersecurity Centre in Nigeria + facilitate combating cyber threats (with an emphasis on children) at regional + national levels
- The high-level delegation (inc. Minister of Communication Technology, Omobola Johnson; Minister of Women Affairs, Hajia Zainab Maina; Minister of Youth Affairs, Alhaji Inuwa Abdulkadir as well as Senators Helen Esuene + Esther Nenadi Usman; and Members of the Nigerian House of Representatives Stella Dorgu + Peace Nnaji) move to ITU's Popov room for the Inaugural Ceremony
- Tomas Lamanauskas, Head of ITU Corporate Strategy, presents an overview of our work on Child Online Protection
- Anuj Singh, Director of IMPACT's Global Response Centre presents our new project - COP-X (Child Online Protection Information Exchange - for actively sharing info + resources on COP across the world
- Ambassador for Costa Rica delivers a warm welcome message from the President of Costa Rica + ITU Child Online Protection Patron, Laura Chinchilla
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.