How Twitter is working for Monmouthshire Council
A look at some tweets to give flavour of why social media is such a valuable way to engage. Our approach has helped this work for us.
- People have a place to express their satisfaction, it's great for officer morale and to have positive chats and comments from the community
- Just a simple retweet of a plea from a local person who had lost her dog makes us all feel good when the dog is found in a neighbouring county.
- Lots of feedback from people all over the UK and beyond on our open, trusting approach to social media. This first tweet is from a resident who helped us with one of our social media surgeries
- — Kelly Rennie (@dorristheloris)Tue, Feb 21 2012 14:48:29@MonmouthshireCC Ooh look who got mentioned in a blog by @Puffles2010 : http://adragonsbestfriend.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/social-media-guidance-for-public-servants/#comments …riend.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/social-media-guidance-for-public-servants/#comments You're "seen as pioneers" How cool is that? :-)
- — Joe Roberson (@workingwithjoe)Tue, Mar 27 2012 01:50:18
- — Shirley Ayres (@shirleyayres)Tue, Mar 13 2012 00:58:29
- — Kelly Rennie (@dorristheloris)Mon, Feb 20 2012 00:50:37@HelReynolds is right http://www.comms2point0.co.uk/comms2point0/2012/2/5/what-if.html?lastPage=true#comment16938846 …nt0.co.uk/comms2point0/2012/2/5/what-if.html?lastPage=true#comment16938846 Mon'shire socmed strategy makes me feel included in decisions & wider community
- — Kelly Rennie (@dorristheloris)Mon, Feb 20 2012 00:51:41... Also think helps northern & southern county towns that were relatively remote from each other feel more cohesive. /cc @HelReynolds
- — Fostering Network (@fosteringnet)Wed, Mar 21 2012 07:13:06Great use of social media by @MonmouthshireCC to engage foster carers http://monmouthshirecc.wordpress.com/2012/03/12/rewind-story-fostering-communication-using-yammer/ …ccfosterings.com/2012/03/12/rewind-story-fostering-communication-using-yammer/ #fostering
- A response to our open spaces 'Your Places, Your Way' event liveblog from a local government blogger in Walsall and other interested tweeters.
- — GovInt (@govint_org)Sat, Mar 03 2012 04:28:24Monmouthshire County Council invites residents to speak up and get involved in their places, http://monmouthshirecc.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/calling-all-monmouthshire-people-who-love-their-county-please-keep-march-3rd-free-to-improve-your-county/ …cc.wordpress.cWhoseShoes/16/calling-all-monmouthshire-people-who-love-their-county-please-keep-march-3rd-free-to-improve-your-county/ @localpolis @WhoseShoes
- — Gill Phillips (@WhoseShoes)Sat, Mar 03 2012 03:53:29
- — Rachel Miller (@AllthingsIC)Wed, Mar 21 2012 17:29:20
- Locals like that they can submit Freedom of Information requests using Twitter
- — Michael Corbett (@mjcorbett)Thu, Jan 12 2012 09:22:58Monmouthshire (the county I live in) seem to have a remarkably modern approach to handling FoI requests. http://bit.ly/AlYi9z
- It was fascinating to see how news of Monmouthpedia gripped people all over the world
- — marco beltrametti (@mbeo)Sun, Mar 18 2012 15:11:48Monmouthpedia, un intero paese del Galles finisce in Rete via wikipedia http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2012/03/18/monmouthpedia-intero-paese-galles-finisce-rete/198540/ …otidiafattoquotidiano8/monmouthpedia-intero-paese-galles-finisce-rete/198540/ via @fattoquotidiano
- — Carlo Reggiani (@carloreggiani)Mon, Mar 19 2012 00:53:31Monmouthpedia, un intero paese del Galles finisce in Rete | Il Fatto Quotidiano http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2012/03/18/monmouthpedia-intero-paese-galles-finisce-rete/198540/ …otidiafattoquotidiano8/smartcityedia-intero-paese-galles-finisce-rete/198540/ via @fattoquotidiano #smartcity
- — Mark Braggins (@markbraggins)Mon, Jan 02 2012 22:30:34
- It's not just big, snazzy projects like Monmouthpedia - Twitter gives us a chance to have quick, useful communication and our open staff policy means that the right people (in this case our Head of Adult Services) have the opportunity to give the info.
- — Anne Owen Taylor (@SoftyCottages)Thu, Mar 01 2012 05:54:01ADVICE PLS: How 2 organise quickly wheelchair for terminally ill man? Will lend 1 of Mum's but will cause us big probs. @MonmouthshireCC
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.