Be the change
Habitat for Humanity Youth Leadership Conference 2012 Wyndham Peachtree Conference Center, Peachtree City, Ga.
- We started off the weekend celebrating 25 years with a timeline featuring items showcasing builds and volunteers of the past. This year's participants went from the timeline to the exhibit hall and straight to networking. During networking participants shared where they've participated in builds and discussed what they hoped to get out of the weekend. Then they headed to our photo booth for fun.
- Habitat for Humanity International employees Ben Skudlarek (left), senior graphic designer, and Caitlin Lamb, Learn and Build Associate
- Habitat for Humanity International's Tommy Prince from the Learning and Organizational Development department.
- Jordan Mazurek, HFHI U.S. Council youth representative member.
- Check out our playlist that ran during Friday night networking. Participants and staff submitted their inspirational songs.
- Habitat for Humanity International CEO Jonathan Reckford kicked off our weekend with a Friday keynote.
- Then he led students in his first Twitter Q&A by taking questions over the social media platform from participants and the public. HFHI Learn and Build Experience Associate Evan Davies moderated the discussion.
- But Reckford couldn't quite answer one question thrown at him.
- We're still waiting....
- Friday evening activities also included a construction challenge. Participants went with their wildest imaginations for creating a house in this networking event.
- And of course, we had education! Popular sessions included our new Social Media track with StateFarm's Blake Zitko. Chapters said the tips will help them navigate standing out among many campus groups vying for volunteers. Other popular sessions included Women Build and the Welcome Home Housing situation, which showcases the woes of finding permanent housing solutions.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!