DC United Fans Reaction To MLS Playoff Swap
On Thursday, Major League Soccer announced that due to Hurricane Sandy, DC United and the New York Red Bulls would swap their playoff hosting order. Since this means that United have essentially sacrificed their home field advantage, DC United fans expressed their displeasure on Twitter.
- — EdTheRed (@EdwinTheRedwin)Wed, Oct 31 2012 21:02:43Ah, fuck it. You go to the playoffs with the Mickey Mouse soccer league you have, not the professional soccer league you pay for. #dcu
- — Ivonna Humpu (@JustMama71)Thu, Nov 01 2012 05:52:01They didn't cancel the NYC marathon this weekend? They didn't reschedule the NFL games? But they can't host MLS? Fishy!! #dcu
- — Vlad Olic (@vladolic)Thu, Nov 01 2012 07:29:34"Compassion" for NYRB is a red herring to keep games on TV at pre-set times and help (again) the big-market team. Could have delayed. #DCU
- — Robert Gillespie (@nffc65)Wed, Oct 31 2012 20:24:59man i thought taking the kid trick or treating would make me less mad, but i am still furious about the changing of the #dcu game
- — Ed Morgans (@edmorgans)Wed, Oct 31 2012 20:26:02
- — Steven Goff (@SoccerInsider)Wed, Oct 31 2012 21:55:46
- — Austin Alvarado (@skunkhair)Wed, Oct 31 2012 14:19:21
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.