Diving into Dublin!
By grabbing first place in a Discover Ireland GB Facebook poll, intrepid explorers Lori and Nick landed themselves 48 hours of thrills, adventure and excitement in Ireland's first city. Here's what happened...
- Thursday 6 June saw Lori and Nick make an early start as they flew over to Dublin for their lively, adventure-filled 48-hour extravaganza.
- The great thing about arriving in Dublin is that you can arrange to meet a stranger who'll take you for a nice cup of tea or a friendly pint. Here's the website: cityofathousandwelcomes.com
Lori and Nick met Grainne who took them on a trip to the famous Merrion Hotel!
- First stop was the Little Museum of Dublin littlemuseum.ie/ The museum's curator, Simon O'Connor proved a wonderful host.
- You can't spend 48 hours in Dublin without a trip to the Guinness Storehouse: guinness-storehouse.com It's a spectacular building. So are the pints.
- Phoenix Park is the largest enclosed park within any European capital city. What better way to explore it than on whizzing around on a Segway! A case of all thrills, no spills! You can do it too with glidetours.ie
- Spooks alive! As evening descended on their night, Lori and Nick braved the Gravedigger Ghost Tour - thegravedigger.ie - which took in Dublin's darker side.
- And after the ghouls came a sweet, secret surprise: the vintage cocktail club. Classy! vintagecocktailclub.com
- Day Two started with a eco-friendly tour of Dublin by bicycle. It's a great way to get under the skin of the city. dublincitybiketours.com
- Then it was time for a tasty pitstop at the Foam Cafe!
- Then it was time to hit the water with adventuretrainingireland.com
- Here's the famous Ha'penny Bridge from a very different perspective.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.