The Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development
New Thinking for a Better World. The UN SDG Action Campaign and Overseas Development Institute, supported by the Federal Government of Germany, brought together global thought leaders, policy makers and activists in Bonn for the world's first playable conference on sustainable development.
- The first ever Global Festival of Ideas for Sustainable Development proved to be an energetic and inspiring platform for activists, business leaders, youth advocates, policy makers, thought leaders, and UN delegates from every region around the world to share knowledge, discover innovative tools and create new partnerships needed to succeed in their missions of pushing forward the SDGs in all regions.
- Day 1 - Poverty and Inequality focused on how we can challenge inequality and exclusion in a rapidly globalising world. Interactive panel discussions, policy-simulation games and a series of talks on tackling inequalities in a rapidly globalizing world.
- The first day featured the launch of the UN SDG Action Campaign & Global Campaign Center. Watch the launch video.
- After the red-button launch of 2030 Hive Mind, participants flocked to the game tables to see how their policies and networks could grow to reach their goals. Throughout the Festival participants explored a new way to look at how policies work and to find new points of collaboration and compromise.
- Participants had the chance to attend a number of expert lead discussions, immersive sessions world cafes, real time policy simulation exercises, fishbowl conversations.
- Hands-on experiences at the the Knowledge and Innovation Fair: Participants discovered discover cutting edge techniques and tools for SDG implementation.
- A fast-paced SDG Live Stage provided interactive space for interaction with virtual audiences. From SDG Action Talks to Cross-generational Dialogues to share ideas and generate discussion.